The Italian Job: MINI Fun Facts
The Italian Job (2003) featured MINI as a getaway car, and the popular film helped the MINI brand become as recognizable as it is today.
The Italian Job (2003) FUN FACTS:
- 32 MINI’s were used throughout filming.
- 2 electric-powered MINI Coopers and 1 MINI Cooper S had to be specifically built for the film, since gasoline-powered vehicles are not allowed to operate in Los Angeles’ all-electric subway system for safety reasons.
- The actors did most of their own stunts! Even driving down the stairs in the LA metro.
- All the cast members acknowledged that Charlize Theron was easily the best driver among them.
- During the production of the film, Charlize Theron got 2 speeding tickets while driving in her own car. She said that after filming driving so far, she just couldn’t get her speed down to drive home!
- Mark Wahlberg said that driving a MINI Cooper is “like driving a really high-powered go kart.”
The Italian Job (2003) is available to watch on Youtube, Google Play, Amazon Prime, iTunes, and more.